ULB reading room
You cannot borrow these media, but can only use them in the reading room area.
- Reference works, bibliographies, manuals, source collections, text editions, legislative compilations and other basic literature.
The classification system [de] is available in print in the reading room and online, including a display of the works on each subject. The literature on medicine and social sciences can be found mainly in the respective branch library.
- Current journals (unbound issues of approx. 1,750 current periodicals) can be found in the journal boxes near the counter.
- Local and some national daily and weekly newspapers are available in the cafeteria. Older editions can be found in the newspaper archive. The more recent editions of the FAZ and several other newspapers are available on the university network [de]
- Course catalogues (printed, also older versions) of the University of Münster, of German and some foreign universities. Most of the course catalogues [de] are available online.
- Course reserves: List of the current course reserves [de] at the ULB, Social Sciences Branch Library, as well as at the Institute Libraries.
- Approximately 600 workspaces are available during the entire ULB's opening hours. Laptops can be used everywhere, except in a small area.
Wi-Fi [de] is available in the entire reading room. On the basis of the number of Wi-Fi logins, the occupancy rate in the reading room is determined for the study space ticker [de].
- Lockers for students taking their examinations and for postgraduates; keys are available at the counter, Mo – Fr from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Rules for using lockers in the reading room [de] | List of accepted credentials for students of law [de]
- Workspace for handicapped people: Optoelectronic reading system – "electronic magnifying glass".
- Copiers in the copy room on the 1st floor.
Information on copying, scanning, printing
At the reading room counter, you will receive books and other media that you have ordered to be read in the reading room, interlibrary loan books that need to be made accessible in the reading room, as well as books and other media that are particularly worth protecting. This includes, among other things, all titles published between 1830 and 1900. Titles published before 1830 can be used in the manuscript reading room.
In person at the reading room counter
By e-mail (email@example.com) or
By phone: +49 (0)251 83-24039.
The counter is staffed during almost the entire opening hours (up to 30 minutes before the library closes; specialist staff Mon – Fri from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.).